Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Get a Hobby!

Do you have something to do that doesn't involve a marathon of all the shows you have saved in the Tivo?

My Friend, you need a hobby. Hobbies are what people used to do to fill time between the hours they get home from work in the evenings and the time they go to bed. Now, we are so busy working to make a life that we forget to live.

Doing something that truly interests you and keeps you excited from day to day is what makes you a truly interesting and exciting person. You need to be the kind of person who has people intrigued at a party when your introduces you "And this is my friend Jack, he hosts his own mystery/horror book club" or "This is my friend Sylvia, she restores old useless furniture into posh new peices".

Sometimes finding a hobby you love involves getting up off your butt and kicking your life into high gear. Many people like to stay in their comfort zone and even though changing it up would be pleasant, it makes them uncomfortable in the beginning. People are creatures of habit and sometimes we simply get stuck in a rut. The fact is, change is healthy and a natural part of life. moving from an old routine takes some getting-used-to but in the end you find a newer upgraded version of yourself you never knew was in there.

Personally, I love French cooking. Its not a huge stretch since I am French but I do challenge myself to keep finding new recipes and new ideas every day. I also take walks as often as I can. I find that this gives me time to think and to reflect on my feelings and my day. Not to mention the exercise is invigorating for the body. I love to teach as well, helping people realize their true potential and be the person they want to be is what makes my world go 'round. Writing is my true passion. I love words and the way they affect people for the positive. Writing books is my true hobby.

Some people wonder why they lack passion in their life. It is likely that if they lack passion in life that they are without interesting things to do with their time. Many say "Well, I am too busy for hobbies". I say, that if you are too busy to do things that you love to do then something in your life needs to change. these days so many people are working ridiculous hours or taking on too many responsibilities to make their own lives meaningful. You only get one life my friend, so live it and be an interesting person.

No comments:

Post a Comment